Who is Eligible for India Online Visa
India allows ETA visa facilities to the citizens of 150 countries, which are as follows:
e-Tourist Visa India
India ETA is an international framework and has commenced working with one hundred and sixty one countries across the globe. Covering almost all the corners of the globe, this online service is available to all legitimate travelers from these countries. Please click this link to get a list of all 163 countries.
In order to Apply for Indian Visa under the ETA scheme, there are certain guidelines that have been issued by the Government of India. These guidelines are the criteria of application for all those that have an India Visa Requirements. Following is a list of these eligibility guidelines for the application of Indian Visa:
- A valid passport, with a minimum validity of six month from the date of arrival in India.
- Two blank pages within the valid passport are necessary for being stamped by the immigration’s office.
- The Indian e-Visa is available only to a specific set of visits, which include casual personal and business meetings, sight-seeing, recreation and short term medical treatment.
- The applicant is required to ascertain the possession of an onward journey ticket or a return ticket along with the assumed expenses during the visit, before making an application.
- The e-visa remains valid for sixty days from the date of arrival to India.
The Government of India has also issued specific guidelines pertaining to those who are ineligible to receive an Indian e-visa. These are listed below.
- People who hold International Travel Document.
- People who hold a Diplomatic or Official passport or Laissez-passer travel document.
- People endorsed on Parent’s or Spouse’s passport.
- People who hold a Pakistani passport or have originated from Pakistan.
(Indian visa for US citizens and India visa for UK citizens are also covered under the India ETA.)